- DELO Faculty-Led Study Abroad Award for student projects
- Study Abroad & Finances (Study Abroad & Global Learning)
- Honors Travel Abroad Grant
- WorldTopper Scholarship
- Student Government Association Scholarship
- Office of Scholar Development
- Departmental Scholarships
- Summary of scholarships (from WKU, non-WKU & honor societies) (pdf)
- List of 53 scholarships at StudyAbroad: Searchable by region/country/city, subject & program type (claims to be the web’s leading source of information on study abroad)
- The World Topper Scholarship Application is part of the Study Abroad Application STEP 2. Please check the box and follow the directions indicated on the application. If you are going to include the optional personal statement to enhance your application, please be sure to have it sent to the Study Abroad Office prior to the March 1st deadline for the Summer and Fall semesters, and before October 26th, for Winter and Spring terms.
- The Student Government Association offers scholarships up to $300 per academic term and up to $600 dollars per academic year. Applications must include an application form and a faculty recommendation. For more information please visit SGA in DUC 130 or online.
- Students going abroad on a Faculty Led Study Abroad (FLSA) program are encouraged to apply for the DELO Faculty Led Study Abroad Scholarship.
- Please note that this scholarship is only for students studying abroad on a WKU Faculty Led Study Abroad Program.
- Deadline for Summer 2013 Programs will be announced in January.
- If you are part of the WKU Honors College, please visit the Honors College website to learn about special opportunities for WKU Honors Students.
- The Modern Languages program at WKU offers a number of partial scholarships to enable deserving current majors and minors to study abroad for a summer or longer. These scholarships, which typically range from $100-$1000, are awarded to current students on a competitive basis.
- The Confucius Institute offers scholarships for short-term Chinese study (semester or academic year) and a fellowship for a Chinese language international education master’s degree (Chinese as a second language).
- Available through the The Gordon Ford College of Business for WKU students who attend a FIPSE partner school for up to $2500. Contact Dr. Dan Myers for more information.
Organizations providing Study Abroad scholarships that you might want to consider:
- Benjamin Gilman Scholarship (For Pell Grant Eligible Students)
- Foundation for Global Scholars
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad Scholarship
- Global Foundation Scholarship
- Go! Overseas Scholarship
- Hershberg Scholarship for International Study
Location Specific Scholarships
- British Universities Transatlantic Exchange Association Scholarship (BUTEX)
- Fulbright Awards for Summer Programs
- Marshall Scholarships-for study in the United Kingdom
Provider Specific Scholarships
- Cooperative Center for Study Abroad (CCSA)
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS)
- Semester at Sea
Field Specific Scholarships
- Boren Awards – Boren Scholarships are awarded with preference for countries, languages, and fields of study critical to U.S. national security.
- Critical Language Scholarship Program – Critical languages include; Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bangla/Bengali, Chinese, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Turkish, and Urdu
Scholarships Related to Honor Societies
There are numerous scholarships listed at these search-engine websites: