Why Honors? – The Spirit of Engaged Excellence
- The Honors College is committed to providing students with the unique, individualized academic experience of a highly-selective private college
- with all the resources and benefits of Kentucky’s fastest growing university
- Honors experience: The environment of the Honors classroom is different from other courses, encouraging active and lively discussion, independent and critical thinking, and creative activities that challenge the mind.
- The combination of WKU’s top faculty teaching enriched course content with field trips and engaging class projects not only means added academic success, but better post-graduation options for you.
Apply for graduation after 90 hours
- you need to meet with your major advisor & your Honors advisor
- if you are a double or triple major, you just need to meet with one of your major advisors
- make an appointment by calling 270-745-2081
- starts Mon, Oct 29, 2012, 5am
- 33 HON hours to graduate
- 3.2 GPA or better
- 3.5 GPA or better for most scholarships: check requirements!
Colloquia or HON 251 graduation requirements
- take non-Honors upper division (300/400-level) courses to get HON credit:
- agree with professor on what your are going to do differently, along Honors lines
- professor, department head & Honors College approves it
- Office of Scholar Development (OSD)
Capstone Experience/Thesis (CE/T)
- you take charge of your own education
- gives you a real edge to get into grad school or your first job