The National Collegiate Honors Council Portz Fellowship Committee is now accepting applications from undergraduate honors students for Portz Fellowships. The Portz Fellowships support original and extended interdisciplinary projects for up to 18 month!
- Application period: Jan 9 – Feb 10, 2013
- please complete all sections of the Portz Fellowship application, available in pdf and word
- submit both the application and letters of recommendation by Feb 10, 2013
- More information: Dr. Patrice Berger, email@example.com or 402-472-5425
- two letters of recommendation from faculty members
- an endorsement from the institutional representative (Clay Motley)
About the Portz Fellowship
- The Portz Fellowship program was launched in 2010 and is supported by the John and Edythe Portz Interdisciplinary Research Fellowship.
- It is intended to support creative and innovative endeavors that cross boundaries
- inviting application from individuals who wish to undertake cross disciplinary research or from a team of two students from different disciplines who propose a single collaborative project.
- The project will be funded for a period of up to 18 months with the expectation that upon its completion, the Fellowship recipient will make a formal presentation of the research at the NCHC annual conference
- Honors students in good standing from 2-year colleges or 4-year colleges and universities with current Institutional membership in NCHC may apply at any point in their undergraduate studies.
- However, given the scope of the research expectation, applicants who are in their final senior term will not be considered
- Only ONE PROPOSAL a year from each member institution is permitted
- Find it more permanently here
(Source: NCHC email, Jan 9, 2013)