Great professional development opportunity!
The Division of Enrollment Management, Office of Career Services and the Academic Advising & Resource Center invites applications for a limited number of student success coaching positions. Student success coaches will collaborate with a designated group of their peers on developing strategies to set and obtain academic goals, increase awareness and utility of campus resources, and discuss topics such as major and career exploration.
Student success coaching is a collaborative process whereby students work with their peers to share academic and social transition experiences for success and retention. Successful candidates will receive comprehensive training on effective strategies to aid their peers in achieving academic success, consider academic and career opportunities and increase their awareness of campus support services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position but may not be all included. Other duties may be assigned to:
- Arrange individual and group meetings on campus with peers to discuss their strengths and goals.
- Contact and/or meet with peers through bi-weekly, 30-minute to 1-hour individual meetings to provide specific guidance and information regarding successful steps to graduate.
- Participate in outreach efforts to assess progression toward completion via phone-a-thons, social media campaigns (e.g. Skype chats), and special events coordinated by the Office of the Provost (e.g. Lunch & Learn programs, etc.).
- Maintain accurate contact reports documenting student progress; specifically pointing to areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Full-time undergraduate status at WKU
- Demonstrated effective oral and communication skills
- Experience working in team-based settings
- Able to attend mandatory trainings and bi-weekly meetings
- This is a part-time, 12 month position.
- Position will begin January, 2013.
- Selected candidates will receive $500 per semester.
- Applications will be accepted electronically only.
- Interested candidates should email email@example.com for application details and further instruction.
- For full consideration, submit application materials on or before Friday, January 18, 2013.
(Source: Email from Joelle Carter, Assistant Vice President for Retention and Student Services, Dec 13, 2012)